Wednesday 15 October 2014

Mission failed.

Morning class was crazy today. It didn’t help that the other teacher, Agnes, decided to bring her class into ours again. More chaos! They were pretty cute though, playing and throwing lego at each other. Thomasi and some of the level 2 kids wrote out letters. We traced their hands onto paper and used it to count to 10. They are so clever!

Thomasi
Carol
At the end of the afternoon class, I sat on the mattress and read books to the kids. Soon they all joined, and began to fall asleep as Carol and I sang nursery rhymes. Even Agnes, the teacher fell asleep.  Cute little Brian fell asleep in my arms and little Julius was snoring. All of a sudden, Brian felt really warm. Turns out he peed on me while he was sleeping!! Katie was laughing so hard, she was crying.

We decided it was time to go home. I waddled that 30 minute walk home as I had pee down my legs. Want to know the funniest part? (well, not according to me), there was NO POWER at our house, therefore I couldn’t shower!!! I filled a bucket with ice cold water from the well and had a bucket shower. Thank you Africa.

Thursday nights are Via Via nights. We thought it would be fun to dress up to go to the bar, with a different theme each week. Earlier this week we went to the second hand market and chose the ugliest skirts we could find for each other.  The less attention we could get from the locals, the better. I was gifted a gold, metallic skirt, Stacey had a prairie girl skirt, Dani wore a long kilt-looking thing, and the others were just as bad!
Second hand market

Unfortunately, this was not the one.

My beautiful house mates in our skirts


Unfortunately, my skirt was a hit. As I arrived the bouncer told me I looked beautiful in my nice skirt. In the bathroom I got so many compliments from local girls. Dang. This wasn’t the reaction we were after.     

No comments:

Post a Comment