Monday 27 October 2014

My last goodbyes.

Tamara and I stopped by the pharmacy so I could buy more supplies for the hospital. I bought gloves, sterile gloves, soap, and umbilical cord clamps. We then headed to Levolosi so I could say goodbye.




Some of the Labour and Delivery nurses

Natalia!

Another view of the labour room



My favorite pharmacist, Milan

An attempted panoramic of the hospital courtyard
We then went to St. Dymphna’s so I could get one last hug from my kids.  I took pictures of them with my polaroid, and they too went crazy! We played in the school yard with them until it was time for their next class. I gave them each a big hug and said goodbye.
Sadiki

Brian

Thomasi


Amani


Julius and Sadiki

Carol

Julius

With Agnes, the Class 2 teacher


Amani

Neema and Clinton

I came home for lunch (rice and beans! Best last-lunch ever!), then had a (cold) shower (of course) to attempt to clean my horrendous feet before catching the plane. After a teary goodbye from my beautiful roommate Hana, Jimmy picked me up and drove me to Mount Kili Airport.


My home. Tembo House:)

Kwaheri Arusha!

Jimmy!
Stepping up the stairs to the plane was tough. I flew off, leaving Tanzania by sunset. Mount Kilimanjaro peeking through the clouds, saying a final goodbye.
Kilimanjaro Airport with Mount Kilimanjaro behind.

Last view of Mt. Kilimanjaro.


No comments:

Post a Comment