Friday 5 September 2014

One week!!

My Tanzanian Visa (and also my passport) came in the mail today! Talk about cutting it a bit too close for comfort. One week until departure! Well less now, because it is technically Saturday.

My plan is to only take carry-on, as I hear the Ethiopian airport is a bit sketchy, and I only have a 3 hour layover.  I packed my backpack today, and it's a bit tight, but I think I'll be able to do it. Shelby came over and approved my packing (first time for everything)! I bought medical gloves to use in the hospital, so I need to figure out the extra space and weight. I think I can...I think I can....

I spoke to the organization, and they encourage donated supplies to be bought in Tanzania as it supports their economy. So, I think that will be a fun shopping trip!!  I am receiving donations from people in all aspects of my life. I am overwhelmed with how generous people are being! It means so much, I am truly lucky.

http://www.gofundme.com/samanthainafrica

Thank you! Asante! Merci! Takk! Gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment